dkh issue not sure what to do

Alles rund um den Start eines neuen Aquariums mit der TRITON Methode
e34stx

dkh issue not sure what to do

Post by e34stx » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:24 pm

hi there im new to this forum and appreciate any help/advise from other members.i have just started the triton method and i have a few questions im hoping you can answer. i have a reefer 350 and experienced a variety of different nuisance algae so i cooked my live rock in muriatic acid. when doing this to neutralise the acid i used baking powder recommended by my local reef shop. after a few months of rock cycling i put the rock back into my display tank. my issue is my dkh was around 20 ph around 8.4-8.5. i dosed some diluted hydrochloric acid to slowly lower the dkh to around 10. there was a strange side effect to this whole process as the dkh does not go down. the dkh has stayed around 10. calcium is very slowly going down but stays around 450. mg was low from my last icp test at 1230. my problem is if i dose the recommended amount my alk will rise(now at 8 dkh)..what should i do? thanks i look forward to your replies.

Marco H.

Re: dkh issue not sure what to do

Post by Marco H. » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:10 pm

English speaking Triton users, please be advised that the English speaking support forum has now been shut down, we are now a sponsor at Reef2Reef.

Please come along and join.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/triton ... ience.739/
Gruß Marco

www.Natur-Riff.de

Webshop für die Triton Methode